Do not panic if your HP printer is in an error state. This article will provide easy steps to fix the problem and explain why it occurs.
How to Get Your Printer Free From Error?
These steps will ensure that your printer does not go offline
- Open the ‘Run dialog box’ dialog box by going to Windows’ search bar. Hit ‘OK’ to enter Control panel in the search box.
- Select the option “Devices & Printers”
- Right-click on the HP printer you wish to uncheck and then save the printer list.
These steps will assist you in resolving problems or error states in your HP printer.
Make sure you set your printer to “Default Printer” Mode
If your Hp printer is showing in an error state, make sure you select your printer in default mode. printing in error state These steps will help you do that
- To open a dialog box, click on the start menu in Windows.
- Type “Control Panel” now and hit the OK button.
- Select the option “Devices and printers” from the control panel.
- Next, locate your HP printer in the list and right-click on it. Next, choose “Set as Default Printer” in the drop-down menu.
- A green check mark will now appear on the HP printer icon. This indicates that your printer has been set as default.
Get the Best Printer Spooler Services
You must ensure that the printer’s spooler service is on and running in automatic mode. Follow these steps to do this
- Open the search bar, click on the “Run” dialog box, and then type “services.msc “.
- Scroll down and find the spooler option. Make sure it is running. Double-click on it to make sure that the spooler services have been set up in ‘Automatic mode. Select the ‘Automatic’ option if services are in manual mode.
- To save your changes, click on the “Apply” button.
- Next, go to the “Recovery” tab. From the “First Failure” option, choose “Restart the Service.” To save settings, click on the “Apply” button.
- Check if the printer is still in an error state. If the answer is yes, then proceed to the next section.
Make Sure to Clean Your Print Spooler Files
Clear the spooler file. These steps will help you do it:
- First Go to the Local Disk (C)>Windows>System32>Spool>Printers
- You will now see many files in the printer folder. Delete all of them.
- Now go to the Local Disk(C)>Windows>System32>Spool>Drivers>w32x86
- All files in the folder “w32x86” should be deleted.
- Go to the Spooler Service option and click the?Restart? option.
When HP Printer Is In An Error State – Reinstall Printer Drivers:
A faulty or incompatible driver can also cause the “HP printer is currently in an error state” issue. This can be easily fixed by updating or reinstalling your drivers. It is also important to ensure that the driver you choose for your printer model is installed. Using the wrong driver can cause your printer to go into an error. Download the correct driver from HP’s official website.
Downloading and Installing Drivers:
- Click on device and printer option in the control panel. Then click on “Add a local printer” option. Follow the steps. This will search for and install the printer driver.
- You can also visit the HP official website to enter the correct model number of your printer and download the drivers.
- You can also download the HP smart App to assist with driver installation. You can download the HP smart App for Windows or Mac.
- After successful installation of drivers, you can see the status of your printer online with a green checkmark. This indicates that your printer has been installed and is now ready for use.
HP Printer in an Error – Check your connection and restart your devices:
It is best to use simple troubleshooting techniques when the Hp printer displays an error message.
- If your printer is connected via Wi-Fi, check your primary network connection.
- Make sure to check your power supply and your network cable (in the case of a wired connection) before connecting your printer to your computer.
- Restart your computer, and you will see if the error message has disappeared.
Additional Troubleshooting steps to resolve the ‘HP printer in error state’ issue:
We have provided additional troubleshooting steps in this section to help you with your troubleshooting. These are:
- First, make sure that your photocopy is working correctly. If it isn’t, it could be a problem with the printer’s hardware. If your printer is still under warranty, you can have it replaced.
- Next, disconnect the power cable.
- For 15 seconds, hold down the power button on your printer.
- Connect the printer to the wall outlet directly and not to a surge protector
- Then reconnect the power cable, and then press the power button at the wall outlet. Finally press the power button on the printer.
- To detect issues with the printer driver, download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor Software. You can find this software on the official HP website.
If you are still having trouble with the problem, please use our Diagnostic to check your printer.
Conclusion: This article has covered all the possible ways to resolve an HP printer error state problem. All you need to do is follow the instructions. If you require any additional assistance, please contact HP’s official helpline via their website. To get help with HP printer error state issues, you can call us at the number shown on the screen. For more information, keep reading and scrolling down our website.