You will lose all antivirus protection on your computer if you turn off Avast completely.
Follow these steps to do so.
- Step 1. Open the Windows Taskbar and look for the orange Avast symbol. Right-click on the icon and choose “Avast Shields Control.” You can then select one of the following options: disable for 10 minutes OR 1 hours OR until your computer restarts OR permanently.
- Step 2. Make sure you confirm your decision by clicking YES on the next Avast question. Done! You can now pause Avast antivirus and any other shields for the time you choose.
- Step 3. Open the main window to verify that the antivirus has been disabled. If the message says “All antivirus shields off”, then everything is working as it should. Click on “Resolve” to return the function. Wait for the message “You are protected!”
How do I disable specific Avast Shields
Sometimes, disabling some Avast shields will be sufficient to allow you to download the app or unblock a website. cancel avast This is how to use the option.
- Step 1. In the Avast user interface go to Protection and then Core Shields. You can also find settings in the lower left corner of Avast’s interface. Click on “Settings”, then “Components”, or “Active Protection” for older versions. The list of all Avast protections will appear. Click on the switcher to select the shields you wish to disable. There are four options: pause the shield for 10 mins OR 1h, or until your computer restarts OR permanent. Choose your preference.
- Step 2 After the shield has been turned off successfully, the switch will change to “OFF” with the message “File Shield now off”. Tap the button “Turn On” to turn it on again. Wait for the shield to turn green, then tap the button again.
It doesn’t matter if Avast antivirus needs to be disabled as a whole, or just one of its shields. You can do it easily. It doesn’t matter what product you use: Avast Antivirus Pro or Ultimate, Avast Internet Security, or Avast Premier. The software can be deleted completely, although this is not recommended.
Ensure that you have your coverage back after you have resolved the problem.
The Best Antivirus Software for 2021: Choose Your Fighter
The Key Features
- Competitive optimization solution.
- Many options available, and highly configurable.
- Protection algorithms based on whitelisting
- Very low system impact.
PC Matic is an anti-virus engine that includes several additional protective tools. This solution is more of an optimization service that will increase your OS’s performance. It also provides an anti-malware component.
PC Matic is an “innocent” anti-virus solution that does not require a lot of system resources. It offers a highly configurable and intuitive interface. Although the main menu can be a bit cumbersome at first, you will soon get used to it.
The Key Features
- Anti-spyware, anti-malware and spyware modules that work effectively
- Interface is intuitive and user-friendly
- System impact minimal;
- Reasonable price.
TotalAV is a powerful solution that protects against modern threats. It is also easy to install and has an intuitive interface. TotalAV is also more affordable than other antivirus software and has a lower impact on the system.
It also includes powerful modules to protect against ransomware and spyware. Total AV also includes a Safe Site extension to prevent malicious URLs from stealing data. A built-in optimization tool boosts OS performance and eliminates unnecessary files from the hard drive. It is also available for mobile and PC platforms.
The Key Features
- Perfect malware protection.
- There are many additional tools available.
- Unlimited VPN service.
- LifeLock provides identity theft protection
- Protection up to 10 devices
Norton is a great product because it offers all-in-one protection. It comes with the industry’s best anti-malware, anti-ransomware protection. Norton also includes cloud backup, parental control, unlimited VPN, password manager, and unlimited password manager.
This solution can also be used to protect your identity from identity theft. The LifeLock feature protects your network data and provides you with compensation in the event that someone steals your sensitive information.